- Policy Status: Draft
- Validity: Not declared yet
- Haryana EV Policy 2021
- Haryana EV Policy Objectives & Vision
- Haryana Electric Vehicle Policy Targets
- Demand Side (Purchase) Incentives
- State Initiatives and Incentives for Charging Infrastructure
- State Initiatives and Incentives for Supply Side (Manufacturing of EV & Components)
- Demand Creation
Haryana EV Policy 2021
Haryana EV Policy Objectives & Vision
- To make Haryana a global hub for electric mobility development and manufacturing of Electric Vehicles (EVs)
- To attract manufacturers to set up their electric vehicles manufacturing unit in the state
- To generate employment opportunities in the state
- To create an eco friendly environment by promoting Electric Vehicles (EVs) through exemption in taxes/permit fee etc and setting up of charging infrastructure
- To Provide subsidies and incentives to the industries manufacturing electric vehicle and promoting electric mobility in the state
- To promote clean transportation
- To ensure environmental sustainability by reduction of pollution
- To increase energy efficiency and conservation
Haryana Electric Vehicle Policy Targets
- To convert 100% of bus fleet owned by State Transport Undertakings in the state into electric buses (Battery Electric Vehicles or Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles) by 2029, with the first phase of 100% conversion of bus fleet in Gurugram and Faridabad by 2024
- Phasing out all fossil fuel based commercial fleets and logistics vehicles in Gurugram and Faridabad by 2024 and all cities by 2030
- All forms of Government vehicles, including vehicles under Government Corporations, Boards and Government Ambulances etc. will be converted to electric vehicles by 2024
- To supply uninterrupted 24×7 quality power to all qualified EV related industries operating in the state
- To provide a Government specified power cost / electricity duty reimbursement per unit for a specified period from the date of commencement of commercial production of electric vehicles
- To provide a dedicated line along with special discount for night time / non-peak time uses for testing of Electric Vehicles batteries based on requirement
Demand Side (Purchase) Incentives
- 30% Subsidy on the on-road price of Electric vehicle in form of reimbursement directly to the buyer in the State on purchase of Electric vehicles and to the financer, if the Electric vehicle is hypothecated, applicable during the policy period
- 100% interest free loans to the State Government employees for purchase of Electric vehicles in the State
- All the registered electric vehicles will be exempted from paying of State Toll tax
- The dealers of Electric Vehicles (Non-Transport) will be exempted from submitting of Bank Guarantee of Rs. 1 Lakh for Online Dealer Point Registration in the State
- Electric vehicles will be registered on priority basis with a minimum Token fee of Rs.100/-
- State will exempt SGST on purchase of Electric vehicles manufactured within the State
- 100% exemption of road tax on transportation EVs purchased within Haryana State
- Phase wise/ City wise, promotional discounted tariff will be offered for charging Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs)
- Battery operated vehicles and the vehicles driven on ethanol and methanol fuel shall be exempted to have permit
Extra Incentives (Within a period of 6 months from date of Notification of EV Policy)
- The buyers who intend to purchase E-Rickshaw / E-Carts shall be issued a coupon of ₹25000
- The buyers who intend to purchase Electric based light motor vehicles (LMV) shall be issued a coupon of ₹50,000
- The buyers who intend to purchase Electric cars (below ₹10 lakh) shall be issued a coupon of ₹75,000
- The buyers who intend to purchase Electric cars (above ₹10 lakh) shall be issued a coupon of ₹1,00,000
State Initiatives and Incentives for Charging Infrastructure
- Public Sector units will be encouraged in setting up Charging infrastructure in the State. State will facilitate availability of land to such Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) at concessional rates in designated areas
- Charging infrastructure in public buildings, public places shall be developed, and assured provisions to set up charging outlets, regular electric supply, etc
- Electric Vehicle (EV) mobility on prominent highways with heavy density of vehicles, will be provided with fast charging stations, battery swapping infrastructure, at every 50 kilometers.
- New apartments, high rise buildings, technology parks in the state will be provided charging infrastructure for Electric Vehicles (EVs). The State will encourage creation of secondary market for disposal of Electric Vehicle (EV) batteries on PPP model
- The policy encourages Clean fuel and Renewable energy based Charging/Battery Swapping Station – for hydrogen powered fuel cells, or solar powered cells
- Depots, bus terminals of State Transport Undertaking and bus stops will have charging stations
- Public parking spaces will be mandated to have charging stations
- All petrol pumps will be mandated to have charging stations & battery banks
- Land across major cities will be allocated for private developers for setting up charging, battery banks or battery swapping stations in a form similar to a contemporary fuel station as per statutory clearances
- Facilities will be provided to setup swapping stations in the form of a kiosk to service 2 wheelers and 3 wheelers
- Municipalities shall immediately issue provisional permissions online to setup charging/battery banks/battery swapping stations
- City, Building Codes and Urban local bodies, municipality rules/ regulations will be modified for both public places and private buildings in order to make the infrastructural changes needed for charging/ battery swapping infrastructure
- Standards for lithium batteries will be fixed
- Standards for charging equipment will be created
- Direct Current (DC) Chargers (100 V and above): Capital Subsidy of 25% of the value of the charging station equipment / machinery for first 100 charging stations/battery banks will be provided upto a maximum subsidy of ₹10,00,000
- Direct Current (DC) Chargers (Below 100 V): Capital Subsidy of 25% of the value of the charging station equipment/machinery for first 300 charging stations/battery banks will be provided upto a maximum subsidy of ₹30,000
- Capital subsidy of 25% of Fixed Capital Investment (for eligible assets excluding cost of battery inventory) up to a maximum subsidy of ₹10 lakh for swapping stations/ battery banks for the first 50 stations will be provided.
- 100% net State Goods and Service Tax (SGST), accrued to the state, as reimbursement for purchase of fast chargers (Direct Current (DC) chargers of capacity 100 V and above).
- 100% net State Goods and Service Tax (SGST), accrued to the state, as reimbursement for purchase of advanced batteries for Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) swapping stations/ battery banks
State Initiatives and Incentives for Supply Side (Manufacturing of EV & Components)
- The Government of Haryana will allocate 100 to 200 acres of land for developing Electric Vehicle (EV) Parks to attract manufacturers with plug and play internal infrastructure, common facilities and necessary external infrastructure
- An incubation center for handholding startups will also be planned in the Electric Vehicle (EV) Park
- Land: In case of mega integrated projects, government will offer land to dependent ancillary units at the same rates as offered to respective Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) (wherever Government allocates land to OEM) up to a maximum of 50% of the land allocated to Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
- Water: The government will provide water supply and also facilitate/support setting up of water treatment plants in/around major auto hubs in order to meet this requirement, wherever necessary
- Rail and Road Connectivity: The government shall strive to construct elevated expressways to decongest roads to the industrial areas and will also look to ensuring better road access to ports
- Government will provide dedicated feeders to all units involved in manufacturing components for electric vehicles as required
- Industrial Training Institutes will come with amended courses for the repair of electric vehicles
- 25% of fixed capital investment up to a maximum of INR 15 lakhs for micro industries
- 20% of fixed capital investment up to a maximum of INR 40 lakhs for small and 50 lakhs for medium industries
- 10% of fixed capital investment up to a maximum of INR 10 crores for first two units, under large industries, in each segment of electric vehicles (EV) (2 wheelers, 3 wheelers, 4 wheelers, buses), battery and charging equipment, hydrogen storage & fueling equipment manufacturing.
- 10% of fixed capital investment up to a maximum of INR 20 crores for first two units, under mega category, in each segment of electric vehicles (EV) (2 wheelers, 3 wheelers, 4 wheelers, buses), battery and charging equipment, hydrogen storage & fueling equipment manufacturing.
- Special incentives will be given according to their need for mega, mega integrated automobile projects and ultra-mega battery as well as to lithium battery manufacturing plants on a case to case basis.
- 25% subsidy, for micro, small , medium enterprise (MSME) and large projects, for sustainable green measures on total fixed capital investment of the project (excluding cost of land, land development, preliminary and pre-operative expenses and consultancy fees) with a ceiling of INR 50 crore
- 100% of stamp duty and transfer duty paid by the industry on purchase or lease of land meant for industrial use will be reimbursed.
- 100% of stamp duty for lease of land/shed/buildings, mortgages and hypothecations will be reimbursed.
- Stamp duty will be reimbursed only one time on the land
- Government will provide fixed power cost reimbursement @ Rs 3.00 per unit for a period of 5 years from the date of commencement of commercial production
- All new Electric Vehicle Manufacturing Units and Electric Battery Units as defined under the policy will be exempted for paying electricity duty for first 10 years
- A dedicated line along with special discount for night time/ nonpeak time usage will be offered for testing of Battery Electric Vehicles batteries
- Water Supply will be made at 50% of the price of existing industrial supply tariff for the initial 3 years from the date of commencement of commercial production
- 100% net State Goods and Service Tax (SGST) accrued to the state will be reimbursed for a period of 5 years for micro & small, 7 years for medium, 10 years for large industries. This reimbursement will be limited to 100% of capex or for the period stated, whichever is earlier.
- 100% exemption of road tax on transportation EVs purchased within Haryana State, applicable over the period of this policy
- Stipend of INR 10,000 per employee per year to a maximum of first 50 employees for a single company for micro, small, medium and large firms
- The cities of Gurugram and Faridabad will be declared as model Electric Mobility (EM) cities with phase-wise goals to adopt Electric Vehicles (EVs), charging & hydrogen refueling infrastructure and new Electric Vehicle (EV) enabling building codes.
- Gurugram will be the pilot city for all new initiatives.
- Model Electric Mobility cities will have a deadline to convert 100% of all commercial & logistics fleets to electric fleet by 2024. These fleets can belong to any government organization, State Transport Undertakings, educational institutes, hospitals or corporate and other institutions.
- Smart city proposals to the central government will include support for charging infrastructure and hydrogen fueling stations. Identified areas will be designated as “Green zones” with entry only to non-fossil fuel/electric based vehicles. Electric based light motor vehicles will be given concession to move in the no movement area declared by regulatory bodies such as District Magistrate or Traffic Police .
- One or more of higher registration, renewal, parking fees, congestion charges, taxes/ cess on sale, and limitation of entry into city limits etc. will be levied on sale/ usage of highly polluting vehicles in order to support the switch to environmentally friendly vehicles.