In the mission to encourage Electric Vehicles & EV Charging Stations Infrastructure in Rajasthan, the Urban Development & Housing Department (UDH), Government of Rajasthan has issued an order on September 28th, 2021 stating that Government Land will be allotted at 50% concessional rates of (to be calculated on Reserved rates of land) to those who wish to set-up a Renewable Energy based Electric Vehicle Charging Station in Rajasthan
Here it is to be noted that:
- The concession is applicable for setting up only RENEWABLE ENERGY based EV Charging Station
- The Scheme / offer is available to FIRST 500 Applicants only for setting up Charging Station
- The installation to be done within 5 Years of the commencemnt of Rajasthan Solar Energy Policy 2019 and Rajasthan Wind & Hybrid Energy Policy 2019
The order has been issued in continuation to the provision made in Rajasthan Solar Energy Policy 2019 at point no 13
All these proposals will be sent to UDH, Rajasthan Government by Rajasthan Renewable Energy Corporation (RREC) through the concerned Urban Body for necessary approvals/permissions
Important Points for Renewable Energy based Electric Vehicle Charging Station Providers
- The Charging Infrastructure will be developed as per the guidelines and standards issued by Ministry of Power and Central Electricity Authority
- The EV charging stations may be established by the State/Central Public Sector Undertakings, private operators or under public private partnership models
- The charging station service providers may set up renewable energy generation plants within their premises for captive use, and may also draw renewable power through open access from generation plants located within the State to avail the benefits as per the rules
- These benefits would also be available to the chain of EV charging stations owned by a single service provider
- The State will support Research & Development activities regarding promotion and use of Renewable Energy by EV charging stations and also for the impact of EV charging infrastructure on the grid
Tariff Structure for Public Charging Stations & TOD Tariff
To enhance the growth of Electric Vehicles & their related Charging Infrastructure, Rajasthan Electricity Regulatory Commission (RERC) has already offered a concessional Tariff Structure for both EV Public Charging Stations & Electric Vehicle Owners by an order dated 21-December-2020
- As per the order, the Power Tariff (Energy Charges) will be ₹6 per unit for all types of EV Charging Stations (Both LT & HT)
- TOD (Time of Day) tariif structure will also be applicable where Electric Vehicle Owners will get 15% rebate on Energy Charges at EV Public Charging Stations during Off-peak hours 2300 hrs – 0600 hrs (11:00 pm to 6:00 am)
- The above tariff shall also be applicable to Battery Charging Stations (BCS) and Battery Swapping Stations (BSS)
Charging EVs with electricity generated from fossil fuel-based conventional sources does not reduce emissions. For further reduction of carbon footprint, it is essential that the EVs are charged from renewable energy sources
The decision from the Rajasthan Government to promote the setting up of RENEWABLE ENERGY (Solar, Wind, etc) based Public Charging Stations will definitely boost the revolution a bit further to make a strong EV Ecosystem.
Do you think the same?
Please, comment below with your views!