- Policy Draft Notification Date: June 2021
- Validity: Gujarat EV Policy 2021 is valid for a period of four years commencing from 1st July 2021
- As per the Gujarat State Electric Vehicle Policy 2021, the subsidies & incentives offered by Gujarat Government will be eligible to all class of Electric vehicles approved under FAME II Scheme (Government of India) and will be in addition to FAME II incentives
Gujarat EV Policy 2021
Policy Objectives & Targets
- To transition the state’s transportation sector towards electric mobility.
- To make Gujarat a manufacturing hub for electric vehicles and ancillary equipment.
- To encourage start-ups and investment in the field of electric mobility and associated support sectors such as data analytics and information technology.
- To improve the quality of the environment by reducing air pollution.
|Target Under Policy
Period (till 2025)
|Four Wheelers (e-4W)
Both Private & Commercial
Demand Side (Purchase) Incentives
- The incentives for all types of electric vehicles shall be based on the electric vehicle battery capacity (i.e energy content measured in kWh)
price to avail incentive
|₹10,000 per KWh
|₹10,000 per KWh
|₹10,000 per KWh
- The maximum amount of subsidy should not be more than 40% of the ex-factory price of the vehicle
- The subsidy shall be disbursed directly to the customer via DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) mode from the State Transport Department on authenticating the document for the purchase of the vehicle
- The beneficiary can opt to get subsidy under any one scheme of state government run by different departments; the beneficiary can not claim subsidy under more than one scheme of state government
Charging Infrastructure Incentives
- The incentives for setting up a charging station shall be applicable to charging stations meeting the guidelines and standards of the Ministry of Power Circular, dated 1st October, 2019 and any amendments thereafter
- Commercial public EV charging stations for two wheelers, three wheelers, four wheelers will be eligible for 25 % capital subsidy on equipment/machinery (limited up to Rs. 10 lakhs per station) for the first 250 commercial public EV charging stations
- The subsidy for charging stations shall only be given to those developers, individuals or entities that have not availed subsidies under any other promotion schemes under the Government of India policies or schemes
- The State Government shall exempt 100% electricity duty of EV charging stations during the period of this policy
- Petrol pumps will also be allowed to set up charging station under relevant acts/rules
Supply Side (Manufacturing) Incentives
- All provisions of the Gujarat Industrial Policy-2020, subsequent applicable policies and government resolutions (G.R.), as amended from time to time, shall be applicable to parties intending to set up or upgrade their facilities for manufacturing in the EV sector
Nodal Agency for Implementation of EV Policy
- Ports and Transport Department shall be the nodal Department in Government of Gujarat and shall be responsible for planning, implementation, and review of the policy
- Energy and Petrochemicals Department, Government of Gujarat shall be the nodal agency for charging stations